Recognised as one of the fastest growing Companies in the UK, it’s a really exciting time to be joining END. If you’re positive, passionate and dedicated and want to be part of our future success this could be the role for you.
HEAD OF AGILE DELIVERY - FULL TIME, LONDON
Over the last 15 years, END. has evolved into a technology led retailer that provides luxury and contemporary apparel and exclusive sneaker drops to a global audience. One of the most influential, forward-thinking and inspirational fashion companies in the world, we have fresh products hitting our website daily and our service never stops.
END. prides itself on delivering a first-class customer experience, which has underpinned our success. With over 2 million customers we deliver to over 80 countries around the world and our online business is complimented by our industry leading retail stores in Newcastle, Glasgow and London.
We currently have an exciting opportunity in our Engineering team for a Head of Agile Delivery. The successful candidate will build and deliver against the engineering roadmaps, co-ordinating and leading the activities of cross-functional business-aligned delivery teams to do so. You will manage multiple projects, typically to deliver specific product or transformation projects via a multi-disciplinary, highly skilled team. You will define the project needs and feed them into the programme and portfolio process to enable resources to be appropriately allocated. You will be core to decisions that build high performing teams, where people are excited about the work they are undertaking.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with the product and engineering teams and collaborate with business stakeholders to define and agree project scope and deliverables
- Identify issues in complex problems, clarifying stakeholder expectations and seek best option for delivery within agreed timescales
- Lead the collaborative, dynamic planning process - prioritising work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team
- Work with the Product Managers to define the roadmap for any given product and translate this into user stories to support delivery
- Build clear, pragmatic and manageable plans for service delivery using programme and project management disciplines
- Ensure clear progress reporting, escalation, and risk management procedures are in place
- Work closely with the engineering team to ensure the technical delivery plans are aligned with broader business change plans and collaborate with business stakeholders to ensure new platform capabilities are successfully released into production without disruption and are widely adopted
- Ensure all products are built to an appropriate level of quality for the stage (alpha/beta/production)
- Work with finance and project teams to ensure that delivery costs are budgeted, managed and reported appropriately. Ensure the delivery teams are making accurate forecasts and estimates and support the team to deliver against those forecasts
- Identify signs of things going off plan and provides a decisive response to significant delivery challenges. Provide constructive challenge to senior management on change proposals which will affect own business area
- Demonstrate positive customer service behaviours and promotes a culture focused on ensuring customer needs are met
- Establishes how the delivery team compares to customer service expectations and industry best practice and identify improvement plans
What you’ll be able to demonstrate:
Skills and experience
- Extensive experience of building and leading Delivery teams in an eCommerce environment with a strong focus on enhancing the customer experience
- Significant eCommerce experience in a high volume, fast growing company
- Relevant industry experience, with thorough knowledge of the competitive landscape
- Experience of delivering digital projects along with experience of resource allocation and cost management
- Experience with complex project management, using agile project management methods
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to influence senior leaders and built support from stakeholders across the business
- Strong delivery and execution focus, and ability to deliver under pressure
- Strong stakeholder management experience, with an emphasis on service delivery and planned change
- Experience balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity
- Experience leading and coaching high performing Delivery teams, developing team members and supporting them to grow
- Experience in matrix-managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Proactive problem solver with strong attention to detail
- Focus on quality of service and priding yourself to deliver on that belief
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- 34 days holiday (including bank holidays and birthday)
- Company pension scheme
- Generous staff discount
- R&D opportunities and twice yearly Hackathons — it’s important to us that everyone in our team is immersed in Tech and has time to play and innovate
- Opportunities for professional development and career progression
- Access to our personalised benefits platform
- Healthcare Cash Plan
Our core values underpin everything we do as a business. We always put our customers first, are passionate and dedicated and strive for excellence. To achieve this, we are positive and collaborative and keep it simple.
If you have what it takes to be part of our future success, we want to hear from you.
Type of employment: Permanent, full-time